D is our last hope

Hors q at q.com
Tue Dec 19 15:01:20 UTC 2023

On Tuesday, 19 December 2023 at 14:14:13 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> On Tuesday, 19 December 2023 at 12:58:16 UTC, Dukc wrote:
>
>> Exaggregating the failings of the language serves only to make
>> people annoyed and hence defensive.
>
> It's more than that though. There's a history of trolls coming
> on here to post rubbish any time someone makes a good post
> about the language. They wanted to be sure that if Google sent
> anyone here they'd only see negatives, which for the most part
> were made up. In this case, they're writing that the language
> is dead, and it means something when that's posted on the
> official website of the language.
>
> If it were me, I'd just delete those posts and forget about
> defending the right to free expression. The folks that make
> these decisions don't agree with me that this vandalism does
> serious damage.

Just deleting posts because you don't like them is not a valid
option. You can't see advantages and disadvantages of language
without discussing about it. And of course one of current
disadvantage of D is lack of libraries/good projects.

> [...] to post rubbish [...]

a post you don't agree with doesn't mean it's rubbish. Take that,
others can have opinions too, and sometimes these opinions are
negative.