D is our last hope

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Wed Dec 20 10:48:16 UTC 2023

On Tuesday, 19 December 2023 at 23:48:48 UTC, GrimMaple wrote:

> You can pretty much say that Adam, Hip, Luna, and others
> already have their mini-forks of D. It's probably a matter of
> time when they just fork the compiler too. And I heard rumors
> that Adam is about to do just that.

There is no point in waiting and just create an official open
fork. I'm not talking about some individual fork here but an
entire new project with new management and vision which
constitute several people. A project that can actually rally
people to contribute to it.

It's not only about creating a fork but also officially declaring
that this is a project and also try to get people to move from
the old D project to the new.