Hipreme Engine v1.0.0 Announcement + iOS port

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at qfbox.info
Thu Dec 21 21:26:54 UTC 2023

On Thu, Dec 21, 2023 at 09:08:00PM +0000, Hipreme via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> `git submodule update --init --recursive`.

Yeah, I figured as much after a little further investigation. Probably
this should be documented somewhere, maybe the README?  "Note: if you
git clone'd, make sure you run this afterwards: ...".  This is obvious
once you've done it before, but could prove a stumbling block for the
unaware.

> Since I tend to update a lot the tags, I may also recommend you
> executing `dub run hipreme_engine:build_selector at 1.0.8` and alike,
> since unfortunately, `dub` package manager can't detect changes in
> ~master or branches (you need to remove and update).
[...]

Yeah dub has issues... :-/

Now it's asking me whether I want to download LDC because ldcVersion
isn't set.  Where can I set it?  I'd like it to use the LDC I already
installed as opposed to downloading its own, if possible.

Your inconsistency is the only consistent thing about you! -- KD