Hipreme Engine v1.0.0 Announcement + iOS port

Hipreme msnmancini at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 21 21:08:00 UTC 2023

On Thursday, 21 December 2023 at 20:03:54 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> [Moving this out of the announce forum, because this may become
> high-traffic]
>
> On Thu, Dec 21, 2023 at 12:32:00AM +0000, Hipreme via
> Digitalmars-d-announce wrote:
>> # Hipreme Engine v1.0.0 Announcement
>>
>> Today, I'm glad to announce that Hipreme Engine is finally
>> releasing its version 1.0. The 1000th commit marks the first
>> release of this engine. There is a lot of work already done
>> and a lot of work to be done. Some systems may find unstable
>> support, such as Linux, which of course I'm willing to help,
>> since it is not my development platform, it may not even work
>> on the first run.
> [...]
>
> I've been meaning to try this out, and now seems as good a time
> as any other.  Plus I'm also on Linux, if I find that this
> engine suits my needs I'd be happy to help with fixing any
> Linux-related issues.
>
> Anyway, I decided to go the hardcore route and clone the git
> repo. (After all, I plan to be contributing if I find that I
> like the workflow.) Unfortunately, I can't get it to build
> afterwards:
>
> 	$ dub run hipreme_engine:build_selector
> 	Error No package file found in
> /home/hsteoh/prog/d/lab/hipreme/HipremeEngine/dependencies/avaudioengine/, expected one of dub.json/dub.sdl/package.json
>
> What should I do next?
>
> For reference, the output of `dub --version` is:
>
> 	DUB version 1.35.0, built on Dec 21 2023
>
> (This is git master. Do I need a specific version of dub too?)

Reposting iOS port showcase since it is hidden now.

![iOS Port
Showcase](https://github.com/MrcSnm/HipremeEngine/assets/10136262/c9985689-4e96-4cae-bb21-22e4bdb7cd88)

### Dependency resolution bug
Unfortunately, [this is a bug that is yet to be solved in
dub](https://github.com/dlang/dub/issues/2627) (Super dumb for
me. If a dependency is missing in a configuration that is not
even used, it gives a compilation error (As you can see, this is
a dependency for iOS).

## Fixing the bug
`git submodule update --init --recursive`.

Since I tend to update a lot the tags, I may also recommend you
executing `dub run hipreme_engine:build_selector at 1.0.8` and
alike, since unfortunately, `dub` package manager can't detect
changes in ~master or branches (you need to remove and update).