D is our last hope

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 00:38:44 UTC 2023

On Thursday, 21 December 2023 at 17:14:32 UTC, aberba wrote:
> Is a spec required when submitting a feature?

Well, it defines how you define "spec". Like I said earlier in
this thread, I *did*, in fact, write several different
explanations, including ddoc intended for users to understand:

https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/15715/files#diff-22dd3c85816b0aa6351d1bc21e72ed410b509f8f7c768db3dd974967751b37e1

There's also several examples of what is and isn't supposed to
work:

what isn't supposed to work:
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/15715/files#diff-31ab43241663a2bcdd12070866771b2018119e8d53db31ce8be4b7b4fe43b11c

what is supposed to work, including some specific edge cases:
https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pull/15715/files#diff-4f34bcd1d367aaf71ec21d197bb1f9fa43020ffa76e189633fe60a8e9d315b82

You're fairly new to this discussion... can you understand the
feature from those links?