Worse than impolite

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Tue Dec 26 18:03:12 UTC 2023

On 12/24/2023 11:13 AM, Dibyendu Majumdar wrote:
> Part of
> this may be the exact opposite of what people claimed in the other thread; you
> have accepted contributions from people when they made sense; it requires good
> taste and great insight to see what contributions matter.

Proposals may fail for all kinds of reasons, but it's inevitable that the person
behind every proposal feels it is best for D, and will be disappointed if it
doesn't make it. I've proposed language improvements to other languages, and
have had 100% of them rejected, and so know how it feels.

(Some of my proposals have reappeared submitted by others, and made it into the
language!)

I know that it can appear as an unfair and unreasonable process. All I can say
is we do the best we can with it.