Worse than impolite

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Wed Dec 27 01:44:51 UTC 2023

All right, Christmas is over, and now it is boxing day. Time to
get bare-knuckled.

On Saturday, 23 December 2023 at 20:17:29 UTC, Don Allen wrote:
> It is discouraging to me that I feel that I need to lecture
> some of you about how to disagree.

Son, we live in a world with facts, and those facts have to be
guarded by men with words. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Moderator
Cattermole?

I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom.
You weep for D's leadership, and you curse the contributors. You
have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know:
that speaking hard truths, while not easy, probably saves
projects, and that my existence, while grotesque and
incomprehensible to you, *saves projects*.

You don't want that truth because deep down, in places you don't
talk about on forums, you want me speaking those words. You
*need* me speaking those words.

We use words like "reflect", "leader", "correct". I use those
words as the backbone of a life spent building something. You use
them as a punchline.

I have neither the time, nor the inclination, to explain myself
to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very
freedom that I provide, then questions the manner in which I
provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on
your way.

Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a text editor and start making
PRs.

Either way, I don't give a *damn* what you think is "impolite".