Monorepo?

Iain Buclaw ibuclaw at gdcproject.org
Tue Feb 21 00:18:51 UTC 2023

On Tuesday, 14 February 2023 at 10:24:36 UTC, Mathias LANG wrote:
> What we will mostly loose by having a monorepo is a visible
> interface between core language and standard library. The
> interface will be less apparent, and easier to break.

Although the original question was about Phobos, the scope
doesn't stop there.  Don't forget there's also dlang/tools,
dlang/installer, dlang/dlang.org, dlang/dub, and
dlang/downloads.dlang.org.  There would be absolutely zero point
or gain in merging dlang/phobos into dlang/dmd unless everything
else goes in too.