D companies in Germany

FeepingCreature feepingcreature at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 09:14:03 UTC 2023

On Tuesday, 10 January 2023 at 09:03:10 UTC, Sergey wrote:
> On Sunday, 8 January 2023 at 15:19:04 UTC, tastyminerals wrote:
>> Not sure if this is the best place to ask but online search
>> didn't provide much info.
>>
>> I wonder which companies in Germany use D currently. Since I
>> am living in Munich, I know only that "Funkwerk" uses D in
>> prod (not sure to what extent though). What about
>> "MaibornWolff GmbH" and "Valtech Mobility"? Do you know any
>> other German company that uses D in production?
>
> The answer from GPT-based model - last sentence about open
> source is funny, but at least you can double check these 3
> companies:
>
> There are a number of German companies that use the D
> programming language, including the software development
> company Code Synthesis and the game developer InnoGames.
> Additionally, the German software house Think-S3 have used the
> D language for their project, including for projects in the
> automotive, IT, and telecommunication sectors. D has also been
> used for projects related to embedded systems, embedded
> software, and data processing. Additionally, the D language has
> been used in a number of open source projects, such as the
> OpenD library and the D-Bus messaging system.

Note that none of those are on the [Organizations using
D](https://dlang.org/orgs-using-d.html) page. Also, Think-S3 is
not a German company and has zero hits for "D language", and Code
Synthesis is also not a German company and has zero hits for "D
language".

This may be an opportune time to note that ChatGPT will straight
up make shit up with no warning.