Fixing C's Biggest Mistake

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Wed Jan 11 04:03:02 UTC 2023

On 1/10/2023 7:39 PM, Don Allen wrote:
> I'm not looking for zero risk, which is impossible. I'm looking for the most
> reasonable operating point. Again, cost/risk vs. benefit.

I don't know your situation, but losing all my passwords would be a disaster for
me. I've had my checking account compromised, credit cards compromised several
times. Multiply that by a hundred.

I've seen sob stories on HackerNews were some victim had has Mac compromised,
and the hacker then took over all his accounts, changed the passwords, and
started impersonating the victim.

Apple won't fix it for you, Google won't fix it for you, Amazon won't fix it for
you.

You're borked.

No thanks.