D has become unbearable and it needs to stop

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 15:38:15 UTC 2023

On Thursday, 8 June 2023 at 15:29:08 UTC, GrimMaple wrote:

> As far as I appreciate your efforts, becoming a language
> developer was never my intention. Especially, for free. I have
> other things to write (in D, mind you), and I'm only willing to
> help as much as I can -- I steadily file bug reports every time
> I encounter something; I'm keeping some code up to date; I
> contribute to other D libraries that I can contribute to. All
> I'm saying is, any further coding in D is going to be
> impossible if no effort is brought into stabilizing the
> language.

I'm not saying you should become a language developer. I'm saying
if you have a strong case for an LTS release, bring it. I'm sure
it's come up before, but no one has ever pushed it in a meeting
that I can recall. I can't speak for everyone, but I wouldn't
mind seeing it. I just know that there's a mountain of other work
that we're putting a priority on right now, and until someone
pushes it, I doubt anyone's going to pick it up.