D has become unbearable and it needs to stop

GrimMaple grimmaple95 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 8 16:13:54 UTC 2023

On Thursday, 8 June 2023 at 15:48:26 UTC, IGotD- wrote:
> Thank you for sharing this and this is a valid concern indeed.
> Unfortunately D is run as a hobbyist project for langauage
> geeks with little concern for the professional environment. It
> is nothing wrong with language geeks having a project but it
> doesn't mix well with projects that require stable
> language+stdlib. I repeat over and over again, we need to start
> with D3 so that language geeks can have a platform without
> interfering with D2. D2 should be put in maintenance mode now
> and the language should be considered to be finished.

Thank you for understanding my issues. I also think D2 is good
enough to be considered finished. Personally, I would've branched
it at around 2.100. That's before ImportC.

I too get this feeling that D is a hobbyist project, mostly
directed towards language creators, not software engineers. Which
is why most of people I know avoid D as if it was a plague. And
which is why there isn't much 3rdparty on dub to begin with.