D has become unbearable and it needs to stop

GrimMaple grimmaple95 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 10 08:58:34 UTC 2023

On Saturday, 10 June 2023 at 05:43:39 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> Our meetings are far from formal. And it's in no way a scenario
> in which all of us will gang up on any one person. Often, we
> disagree with each other at first and discuss our way to
> agreement.
>
> Adam and Steve are regular members now. Nick Treleaven joined
> us last time and may become either a semi-regular or regular
> member. There's much benefit to having a range of viewpoints,
> and I think once anyone comes in, any trepidation or
> uncertainty they have will disappear once they see how it goes.
>
> And if anyone doesn't want their words to appear in the
> summary, all they have to do is tell me. That's why I call them
> "summaries" and not "minutes".

Long story short, what is there to discuss, if a simple question
like "What are the requirments for the D team to consider LTS
branch/release" is hanging unanswered? I don't believe that
discussing such a thing is worth my (or anyone else's) time just
because nobody cares enough to give straight answers. Without
resorting to [please forgive my momentary rudeness] idiotic
suggestions to come to some arbitrary meeting to discuss
essentially nothing.

I am willing to come to the meeting, fine, but only after some
common ground is found on topics of:
1. Needing LTS in the first place
2. Requirments and prerequisites for such an event
3. Your (D team's) proposition on how such thing could be
achieved, and what resources are necessary for it

So far I only saw endless debates on wether LTS is even needed,
and some abstract talk about "gib monez" without any concrete
propositions.

Otherwise, this is a waste of everyone's time.