Bugzilla to GitHub Issues Migration

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 02:34:46 UTC 2023

On Wednesday, 21 June 2023 at 16:51:13 UTC, Johan wrote:

> Do you have a link to a document that describes what the
> migration will do? (e.g. what will be done with the keywords,
> numbering, people on CC list, etc.)

No, there's no document. I've made the test repository public so
you can see what the issues look like on GH:

https://github.com/dlang/bz2gh-test/issues?q=is%3Aissue+is%3Aopen+sort%3Aupdated-desc

All of the issues there come from the 'tools' component in
Bugzilla. It appears nothing is done with the keywords, and I
don't recall any discussion about it. Do you think they should
become labels, or perhaps added as a list in the text of the GH
issue? Do we *need* to keep them on the GH issue?

There's a command-line option I'll use when I do the migration
that leaves a comment on each migrated Bugzilla issue, so the CC
list should be notified of that. It will also `@` mention people
on GH, but I'm not sure if that includes those on the CC list.

I'll defer to Robert for more details.