Bugzilla to GitHub Issues Migration

Robert Schadek rschadek at symmetryinvestments.com
Thu Jun 22 09:09:12 UTC 2023

On Thursday, 22 June 2023 at 02:34:46 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> I'll defer to Robert for more details.

The tool is rather simple,

1. Download all open bug from bugzilla, and get all the labels
and stuff.
2. Send the stuff to github, and wait for an hour when github
tells it off, because it reached the rate limit.
3. Write a comment into the bugzilla issue containing a link to
the github issue.

The biggest part of the work was to match bugzilla profiles to
github profiles.
Most code I wrote was figure that out. Many people have multiple
bugzilla and multiple github profiles.
The stuff I wrote matched quite a few automatically, the rest I
matched by hand and gave Michael that mapping table.

Will this mapping be perfect, no, but then I think I can never
be, and also I think it doesn't need to be.
To make it perfect, I'll likely would need access to everybodies
email ;-)