Bugzilla to GitHub Issues Migration

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 02:40:01 UTC 2023

On Wednesday, 21 June 2023 at 17:01:31 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:

> How will existing accounts on Bugzilla be handled?  I have a
> list of issues I'm monitoring on Bugzilla, but I don't think
> there will be an easy way to import these to Github.  It will
> not be automatic, for sure, since I use different credentials
> for both.  But it will be painful to have to manually
> resubscribe to individual issues on my monitor list. Is there
> any way to semi-automate this?

There's a JSON file that matches Bugzilla IDs with GH IDs. Yours
are in there. I don't know if there's a way via the GH API to
automatically subscribe users to specific issues, or if the app
does it. If there is and it doesn't, then that seems like
something we should consider adding.

Again, I'll defer to Robert for the details.