Bugzilla to GitHub Issues Migration

Andrej Mitrovic andrej.mitrovich at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 03:17:35 UTC 2023

On Wednesday, 21 June 2023 at 16:46:06 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> If you're aware of anything out there that we need to consider
> once the issues are migrated, please let us know here.

Will probably need to update the website to let people know where
to file bugs: https://dlang.org/bugstats.html

Also the `Report a bug` button that's shown on every page.

----

One thing that will be hard to keep track of is finding the list
of active bugs that a person has filed since the issue author on
Github will be different.

But maybe that's not a problem if we let Bugzilla stay up in
read-only mode?

Otherwise if Bugzilla will be shut down I'd suggest adding
something like `reported-by: <user>` in the transferred issue's
comment to perhaps make it easy to search using the Github UI?

This shouldn't block migration, a comment like this can easily be
added later on.

The use-case here is I like to keep track of bugs I've opened to
see if any have been resolved. When they get resolved I can
remove any relevant workarounds in my code.