Bugzilla to GitHub Issues Migration

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at qfbox.info
Thu Jun 22 04:31:42 UTC 2023

On Thu, Jun 22, 2023 at 03:17:35AM +0000, Andrej Mitrovic via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> One thing that will be hard to keep track of is finding the list of
> active bugs that a person has filed since the issue author on Github
> will be different.
>
> But maybe that's not a problem if we let Bugzilla stay up in read-only
> mode?
>
> Otherwise if Bugzilla will be shut down I'd suggest adding something
> like `reported-by: <user>` in the transferred issue's comment to
> perhaps make it easy to search using the Github UI?
>
> This shouldn't block migration, a comment like this can easily be
> added later on.
>
> The use-case here is I like to keep track of bugs I've opened to see
> if any have been resolved. When they get resolved I can remove any
> relevant workarounds in my code.

Me too!

Perhaps Bugzilla get stay up temporarily during the transition period,
read-only to users but perhaps writeable to say the dlang bot, so that
when github issues get closed Bugzilla can be updated too? It would be
annoying to track otherwise.  I have several projects with version()'d
workarounds named like `version(bug12345)`; when the bugzilla issue is
closed I can search for these and disable them.  But after the GH
migration issue numbers will change, and this makes it hard to track
what's fixed.

Trying to define yourself is like trying to bite your own teeth. -- Alan Watts