Bugzilla to GitHub Issues Migration

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Thu Jun 22 07:03:00 UTC 2023

On Thursday, 22 June 2023 at 04:31:42 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 22, 2023 at 03:17:35AM +0000, Andrej Mitrovic via
> Digitalmars-d wrote: [...]
>> One thing that will be hard to keep track of is finding the
>> list of active bugs that a person has filed since the issue
>> author on Github will be different.
>>
>> But maybe that's not a problem if we let Bugzilla stay up in
>> read-only mode?
>>
>> Otherwise if Bugzilla will be shut down I'd suggest adding
>> something like `reported-by: <user>` in the transferred
>> issue's comment to perhaps make it easy to search using the
>> Github UI?
>>
>> This shouldn't block migration, a comment like this can easily
>> be added later on.
>>
>> The use-case here is I like to keep track of bugs I've opened
>> to see if any have been resolved. When they get resolved I can
>> remove any relevant workarounds in my code.
>
> Me too!
>
> Perhaps Bugzilla get stay up temporarily during the transition
> period, read-only to users but perhaps writeable to say the
> dlang bot, so that when github issues get closed Bugzilla can
> be updated too? It would be annoying to track otherwise.  I
> have several projects with version()'d workarounds named like
> `version(bug12345)`; when the bugzilla issue is closed I can
> search for these and disable them.  But after the GH migration
> issue numbers will change, and this makes it hard to track
> what's fixed.

The Bugzilla instance isn't going anywhere. At some point, we
need to get it migrated away from Brad's server to a DLF server
so that we can have full admin access and ensure that it stays
around. I like the idea of keeping dlang-bot's write access once
it goes read-only. All of that's going to require coordinating
with Brad, so I can't really put it on a timeline.