Bugzilla to GitHub Issues Migration

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Sat Jun 24 01:50:57 UTC 2023

On Friday, 23 June 2023 at 18:29:53 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 6/23/2023 6:01 AM, Mike Parker wrote:
>> For the record, I intend to create a special account for
>> adding the issues to GitHub (e.g., "bugzilla_migration"). I
>> certainly don't want them all in my name. I don't see how we
>> can post them as the original user, though. From what I
>> understand, it requires the id and a token.
>
> Can we add the original contributor as a comment?

That already happens. The comment has a header with the
contributor's name and the date it was submitted. E.g.,

https://github.com/dlang/bz2gh-test/issues/109

In the actual migration, the GitHub contributor and everyone on
the CC list will get `@` tagged in the comment.

However, it will be much better if we can submit the issue in the
contributor's name.