OT: if you have money in a Western Bank...

Laeeth Isharc laeethnospam at spammenot-laeeth.com
Sun Mar 26 18:40:53 UTC 2023

On Saturday, 25 March 2023 at 23:59:34 UTC, Richard (Rikki)
Andrew Cattermole wrote:
> We are certainly in a period of flux with great opportunities
> to be had.

Yes, ultimately this is a period of transformation when the old
dying institutions coexist with new beginnings, birthing pains
along with death rattles.

> The big area that I think that has the most potential is for
> somebody to put together a semiconductor fab kit and is able to
> produce anything required to use it day to day.
>
> It would be a massive game changer for societies to be able to
> produce a large percentage of electronics without relying on
> foreign countries.

I am all for decentralisation and smaller scale production but
might be quite tough to accomplish for the time being for cutting
edge stuff.

I guess it's a very strange time that has no single analogue in
history.

That being said, my main point is if you have money in the bank
think about whether it's the right place for all of it.