D Language Foundation Weekly Planning Session Update

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Mon May 15 06:15:28 UTC 2023

On 5/14/23 13:09, ag0aep6g wrote:

 > The impression I got so far is that IVY is a whole
 > lot of hot air.

It may or may not be. What I know about motivation is, once you find a
person excited about something, the last thing you want to do is try to
convince them that they shouldn't be.

 > I have to assume that you don't tell us what IVY actually means, because
 > telling people what IVY means is Ucora's product.

Wrong assumption.

 > It's what they're
 > making their money with, so you can't just give it away for free. Fair
 > enough.

But that's not the answer.

 > But that raises the question: The DLF team went through the program free
 > of charge. If I, a lowly contributor, want to experience the
 > life-altering joy of IVY, do I have to pay?

No.

 > What does it cost?

Hiç.

 > Is all
 > this over-excited

May I suggest don't try to kill excitement. It never helps.

 > hype talk just an ad for what Ucora is selling?

No. What you are seeing is some honest D people trying to help D.

Ali