D Language Foundation Weekly Planning Session Update

ag0aep6g anonymous at example.com
Mon May 15 12:09:06 UTC 2023

On 15.05.23 08:15, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> On 5/14/23 13:09, ag0aep6g wrote:
>
>  > The impression I got so far is that IVY is a whole
>  > lot of hot air.
>
> It may or may not be. What I know about motivation is, once you find a
> person excited about something, the last thing you want to do is try to
> convince them that they shouldn't be.

Mike is not some random excited contributor that I'm telling to stop
being happy. He's the one telling us to be excited about IVY without
giving out any meaningful information about it. I'm not being mean to
him by calling that out.

I might be being a little mean to him in the way I choose to express
that, but that's what you get when you throw PR nothingburgers at me.

>  > I have to assume that you don't tell us what IVY actually means, because
>  > telling people what IVY means is Ucora's product.
>
> Wrong assumption.

Then I don't understand why we can't have a more substantial description
of what IVY is. What did you guys do every Friday for 14 weeks?

[...]
>  > What does it cost?
>
> Hiç.

Je suis désolé, mais je ne parle pas français.