D Language Foundation Weekly Planning Session Update

Ali Çehreli acehreli at yahoo.com
Mon May 15 06:24:37 UTC 2023

On 5/14/23 22:49, ag0aep6g wrote:

 > Why is it impossible for you to explain IVY in a forum post?

Do you remember how many sessions it took for Mike and others to
understand how IVY could help?

 > Why does it
 > need one-to-one chats to do that?

I don't know. Some human things are just like that.

 > I'm told my friends
 > can't come with,

There is something wrong here.

 > Am I being
 > recruited into a cult?

That exact joke was made... by me! :)

 > I would love to read about IVY. Here. I am not interested in personal
 > chats with you.

Somehow that sounds hurtful.

 > You do realize that I am a contributor.

I always looked up to you and I am ever grateful. However, there are
different ways of contributing and some behavior can be detrimental.

 > motivate me to push D to
 > excellence?

Erm? Isn't this all about exactly that? And you want it as you insist on
trying to kill excitement?

 > For this contributor here, IVY has achieved one thing so far: It put
 > another brick in the wall between D's leadership and me.

I don't think it was IVY that did that.

 > Meanwhile, the bug I mentioned in that post is still open.
 >
 > If you want to use Agile, or Waterfall, or IVY, or whatever, go ahead.
 > But it better help get bugs fixed. Otherwise, it's a waste of time.

Time can be wasted in multitude of ways.

Ali