A few holes (imho) in the ecosystem of libraries

Andrew andrewlalisofficial at gmail.com
Mon May 15 17:02:03 UTC 2023

On Monday, 15 May 2023 at 16:22:20 UTC, Bradley Chatha wrote:
> But I guess that's kind of one of the things I miss from C#,
> Go, and Python land: all the battery included
> ecosystems/libraries/standard libraries that already exist and
> integrate well (or at least, well enough) with one another,
> instead of being entirely separate things that I have to patch
> together, and that don't even (and likely can't be) integrate
> with whatever I'm using for async stuff.

Yeah, if we could somehow motivate people to revitalize and
refactor Phobos so that it enables that sort of
batteries-included libraries to happen, that would be awesome. I
feel that so much emphasis in D is placed on the language design,
that we forget that there's a lot more that probably could
benefit from some organization.