D Language Foundation Weekly Planning Session Update

bachmeier no at spam.net
Wed May 17 16:44:31 UTC 2023

On Wednesday, 17 May 2023 at 14:56:15 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:

> I *am* excited about IVY, but only as a means to an end. What
> I'm *more* excited about is that we're finally making a
> concerted effort to organize and manage the D project. That's
> what I wanted everyone to take away from my initial
> announcement, and I expected that would be the big news.

FWIW, that's what I took from your announcement. I viewed the
statement about IVY as "we're using this internally and hopefully
it helps" but not as something I should care about much as a user
of the language. I saw your post as signalling an attempt to get
a grip on managing the project - something that's tough to do in
this type of organization.