D Language Foundation Weekly Planning Session Update

Theo Theo at gmail.com
Wed May 17 22:38:20 UTC 2023

On Wednesday, 17 May 2023 at 14:56:15 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:

> I promise, everyone will learn more about IVY as we go along.

This statement precisely sums up the problem.

First, that IVY has been so much a part of your discussions, and
yet, nobody has a clue as to what it actually is - not even those
who participated, it seems.

Second, IVY is about turning inwards, towards the so called
'self', in order to find something (apparently) that will help
the D project move forward. That sounds aireee..faireee to me in
itself (even if it has some substance).

Third, I really do NOT want to learn more about IVY. Not in the D
forums, nor at DConf.

By making IVY so important to the D project, you are inhernetly
dividing people -> those who believe in IVY -> and those that
don't.

No more talk of this IVY nonsense please.

btw. I remain surprised that Walter hasn't already stamped this
nonsense IVY talk out, to be honest. Maybe he's been converted as
well?