D Language Foundation Weekly Planning Session Update

Theo Theo at gmail.com
Thu May 18 10:25:37 UTC 2023

On Thursday, 18 May 2023 at 03:07:59 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:

> For the record, I've never indicated here whether I was excited
> about IVY or not.
>
> Ali

It's easier for some, more than others, to fixate on a powerful
image of an ideal self.

It may be, that your brain is not wired in such a way, that it
makes it easy for you to fixate on yourself.

That's not necessarily a bad thing ;-)

My hapiness and motivation has certainly *not* come from fixating
on an ideal image of myself. Nor do I want a fixation on myself
to be the motivating force in my life.

Any focus on myself, has typically always been due to a necessity
(to focus on myself) - ie. Because of the need to eat, sleep,
earn money, have somewhere to live, etc.....). I'm not sure the
'self' deserves much more attention than that.

In any case, be warned : Once you get those connections
activating in your left prefrontal cortex.. you're going to be
stuck with them.