D Language Foundation Weekly Planning Session Update

Theo Theo at gmail.com
Thu May 18 09:24:57 UTC 2023

On Thursday, 18 May 2023 at 07:04:37 UTC, Salih Dincer wrote:
> On Thursday, 18 May 2023 at 07:02:35 UTC, Salih Dincer wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 17 May 2023 at 21:24:18 UTC, Salih Dincer wrote:
>> I am IVY far away as you are
>> far from Mevlana.
>
> Pardon...
>
> As much as you are far from
> [Mevlana](https://mevlanafoundation.com/mevlana-his-works/)
> teaching, I am far from IVY.
>
> SDB at 79

Yes, Rumi theology does seem a long way from IVY theology ;-)

IVY seems to have a very strong focus on reclaiming "ownership of
the self", and concepts such as individualism, autonomy and free
will.

I'm unconvinced of the validity of their 'social cooperativeness
based on individualism' theory.

Where is the data to support this theory?

I'd like to point out also, that the 'western' experiment, of
social cooperativeness based on individualism, is still very much
an experiment inplay.

I'd argue, that experiment is not going all that well
(particularly in some countries more than others).

There is also international evidence that suggests, that
individualism has lead to a more severe COVID-19 situation:

But will we all be better of if we instead try to become that
which cannot come into the imagination?

Not sure about that theory either.

Personally, I've always preferred the Nike theory: Just do it!

If we want to see progress, like you suggest, then the Nike
theory is worth a try ;-)

Give it a try yourselves. (Hopefully, you won't need to spend 14
weeks working out how to.. Just do it! )