Feedback from the Gripes and Wishes Campaign

Mike Parker aldacron at gmail.com
Thu May 18 12:30:43 UTC 2023

I've finally compiled all of the feedback from the Gripes and
Wishes campaign into a single document for your perusal. Thanks
to everyone who sent something to me. If you did send feedback
and don't see it here, please let me know.

https://github.com/dlang/vision-document/blob/main/gripes-wishes-feedback.md

A few notes:

* I've excluded Bugzilla issues that have since been closed
* I've tried to include examples and suggestions that were
provided along with the points, but I have cut out some bits that
were irrelevant or extraneous.
* I've not included compliments. I wanted to focus only on things
we need to fix/change. But the compliments were received and much
appreciated.
* There were three pieces that I decided not to breakdown into
actionable items and included in longform instead. Those are at
the bottom of the document.
* I'll probably update this list after our planning meeting
tomorrow.

So, the next steps related to this. Generally, we need to:

* establish some high-level goals
* go through this list to see what fits with those goals, what
doesn't fit now but could be done later, and what is unlikely to
ever fit any goals
* discuss additional ideas from our own wish lists (and I'll
update the document with those once I have them all)
* prioritize everything we've decided fits our current goals
* publish categorized task lists
* work out who among us is responsible for what
* get things done

That last one is the hard part. I'll have more to say about it
when the time comes.