OT: Short review of an unself "paper" Re: D Language Foundation Weekly Planning Session Update

claptrap clap at trap.com
Sun May 21 12:42:50 UTC 2023

On Sunday, 21 May 2023 at 00:51:35 UTC, Theo wrote:
> On Saturday, 20 May 2023 at 14:39:08 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
>
> I'd also like to highlight, the difference between your
> approach to the request for class private members within a
> module, and the approach of Dennis Korpel, who kept the
> personal 'stuff' out of it, and just focused on how it could be
> done, and not whether it should be done.
>
> That kind of response by Dennis, is the kind of response that
> is 'motivating'.

Did it motivate you to contribute to D? Did you write a DIP for
class private?

How exactly did Dennis motivate you to help D? You seem motivated
to post in the forum but little else.

> I wish there were more people like Dennis in the D 'community'.

You like Dennis because he gave you what you wanted. It doesn't
take a psychology degree to understand that.

And why put 'community' in quotes? That makes it seem derisive or
sarcastic? Is that your intent? Because it's a naive thing to do
if you want people to listen to you.

> The constant 'obstructionist approach', personal vitriole
> approach, and 'go write a DIP approach', which has come to
> define too much of the D forums, and the response of too many
> in the D 'community', at least for me, is not at all motivating.

Why should anyone do what you say? You're nobody, just a random
lurker in the forum like me. I don't expect anyone to listen to
me let alone do what I say.

The people doing the work can do what they want, organize
themselves how they want. It's mind blowing to me that you see a
bunch of people working on something and you expect them to just
do what you think. Like you are so enlightened that everyone
should listen to you.

Just to be clear I have nothing to do with D officialy.

> If their were a rotating stewardship for D, I'd be voting for
> Dennis to be on the next round of stewardship (even if he never
> supports class private finding its way into D ;-)

Why would you get a vote?