Future of D

Imperatorn johan_forsberg_86 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 2 22:20:41 UTC 2023

On Sunday, 29 October 2023 at 12:54:33 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
> We are merging companies and our new product will be integrated
> in all our devices.

It's only been 4 days, and I've got varied responses. Both praise
and criticism, which was expected.

I currently don't see any red flags or showstoppers for us using
D in this project.

Is it complete? No.
Is it perfect? Also no.

But, it's good enough that we think it's better than C/C++, which
would be the alternative. Everything can be compared on various
dimensions of course. But our summary of the cold hard facts
still shows that D is better.

Windows x64 and Linux arm64 are our main targets, and we haven't
had any problems building for those (both on host and
cross-compiling).

We will do this project in D, and we hope that things will
continue as smoothly as it has so far.

We just want to say thanks to all contributors, big or small.
There is no D without the community. A language is a living
entity.