slint GUI, for RUST, C++, nodejs, dotnet. cloud add Dlang support

ryuukk_ ryuukk.dev at gmail.com
Fri Oct 13 15:09:27 UTC 2023

On Friday, 13 October 2023 at 12:44:57 UTC, d007 wrote:
> https://github.com/slint-ui/slint
>

> slint UI support desktop and embed device, and mobile device in
> future.
>

> There is a c# https://github.com/microhobby/slint-dotnet
> compiler implement,  maybe sone one is capable to translate
> this into dlang ?

I don't understand why slint is popular, it's one of the worst
library out there, and it uses a custom scripting language

Just look at the generator, it's very basic:
https://github.com/microhobby/slint-dotnet/blob/main/SlintDotnet/Generator.cs

The resulting API however.. very ugly:
https://github.com/microhobby/slint-dotnet/blob/main/test/Program.cs

Can't really call this a binding

If you do embedded work, I suggest lvgl (no scripting, so you can
fully make use of powerful D's capabilities):
https://github.com/lvgl/lvgl in pure C