Data Processing benchmark featuring Rust, Go, Swift, Zig, etc. now D is top 1

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 19:07:21 UTC 2023

On Monday, 16 October 2023 at 18:32:52 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
> On Monday, 16 October 2023 at 18:24:14 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
>> On Monday, 16 October 2023 at 02:37:40 UTC, linger wrote:
>>> [https://github.com/jinyus/related_post_gen](https://github.com/jinyus/related_post_gen)
>>
>> There was a post in the learn forum as well [1].
>>

>> [1]
>> https://forum.dlang.org/thread/kdhnbmmorcxjaspntejo@forum.dlang.org
>
> We worked for some days on this. It's nice to see that D is
> quite competitive.

It's good see see, though I think if you're using a language like
C, C++, D, or Rust then benchmarks like these usually come out
about the same if you have optimized enough. It just might be
that the other versions haven't spent as much time trying to
optimize. The Rust one is looking more competitive than it was
before, but Rust or C++ code is generally harder for me to follow
than D code.