Just another example of missing string interpolation

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 21:01:18 UTC 2023

On Tuesday, 17 October 2023 at 19:33:13 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> Just read through this.  This is one of the better interpolated
> string DIPs I've seen yet; I'd definitely support this over the
> dip1027 if John would be willing to formally submit it for DIP
> review.

Yeah, this proposal is actually just plain excellent, and the
depths of what it enables go well beyond what the text of the
document states.

It came out of an attempt to solve a real problem John and Andrei
were facing, and they listened to what me and Steven had
discussed previously. It brings type safety, tuple compatibility,
CTFE *and* runtime flexibility, user extensibility, and rich
metainfo about each use.

It is easy to make this compatible with normal strings, but also
html templates, sql queries, gnu gettext, shell commands, even
things like assert handlers and detailed exception construction
that defers string construction to the end... the list goes on
and on. And the implementation is easy too.

This is a proposal worthy of D.