Just another example of missing string interpolation

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Thu Oct 19 01:05:59 UTC 2023

On 10/18/2023 3:43 PM, Andrea Fontana wrote:
> I am less fond of the proposal related to printf/writef/writelnf/format/sformat,
> etc. It appears to add complexity to the code

Example of the complexity? It's probably the simplest string interpolation I
could find.

 > introduces unnecessary noise

Example please.

 > is prone to errors

It's not prone to errors any more than writef() is, because writef() checks the
format against the type of the corresponding argument. As for printf(), we've
added format string checking to printf() calls which have virtually eliminated
such errors.