Generating .di header files from ImportC files

singingbush singingbush at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 26 13:50:26 UTC 2023

On Wednesday, 25 October 2023 at 00:29:17 UTC, Adam Wilson wrote:

> This is pretty much how I stumbled on to it at DConf this year.
> I briefly started with a hand translation of the ODBC 4
> headers, got bored, then Nick Wilson suggested I look into
> ImportC, and then I just decided to smash the -Hf onto the end
> to see if it would work. The first file I tried it on worked,
> so I kept going. Eventually I ran into an anonymous tagged enum
> that D doesn't support, but the trick was to just comment it
> out and retry.

What's the status of your ODBC 4 work? Is it something you plan
on creating a dub package for? Potentially it could be worth
putting the changes into the current [odbc
package](https://code.dlang.org/packages/odbc) (copied from
_etc.c.odbc.*_ so that it can be used in DDBC & HibernateD) which
is v3 only.