Generating .di header files from ImportC files

Adam Wilson flyboynw at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 01:22:43 UTC 2023

On Thursday, 26 October 2023 at 13:50:26 UTC, singingbush wrote:

> What's the status of your ODBC 4 work? Is it something you plan
> on creating a dub package for? Potentially it could be worth
> putting the changes into the current [odbc
> package](https://code.dlang.org/packages/odbc) (copied from
> _etc.c.odbc.*_ so that it can be used in DDBC & HibernateD)
> which is v3 only.

I am currently awaiting a couple of bug-fixes to ImportC, but
I've been using my local hacked up version of the ODBC4 headers
to work on a Java Recordset / C# ADO.NET style library intended
for inclusion in Phobos, so I can confirm that the ImportC
version of the MSFT standard headers work, with workarounds.
(Repo here: https://github.com/microsoft/ODBC-Specification/)

As for where it will end up. I've already received support for
merging ODBC4 into etc.c.odbc, which is why those packages are
rescued from deprecation in 2.106 and fixed up to enable working
on non-Windows platforms. And merging it into etc.c.odbc makes it
easier to get my Recordset code included in Phobos.

DConf this year was good for SQL/DB folks.