Generating .di header files from ImportC files

singingbush singingbush at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 27 15:25:31 UTC 2023

On Friday, 27 October 2023 at 01:22:43 UTC, Adam Wilson wrote:
> On Thursday, 26 October 2023 at 13:50:26 UTC, singingbush wrote:
>>
>> What's the status of your ODBC 4 work? Is it something you
>> plan on creating a dub package for? Potentially it could be
>> worth putting the changes into the current [odbc
>> package](https://code.dlang.org/packages/odbc) (copied from
>> _etc.c.odbc.*_ so that it can be used in DDBC & HibernateD)
>> which is v3 only.

> As for where it will end up. I've already received support for
> merging ODBC4 into etc.c.odbc, which is why those packages are
> rescued from deprecation in 2.106 and fixed up to enable
> working on non-Windows platforms. And merging it into
> etc.c.odbc makes it easier to get my Recordset code included in
> Phobos.

Wait, _etc.c.odbc_ is no longer being removed? That's good to
know. I was not aware of it. Was there an announcement somewhere?

The last I heard about this was in a thread I started in May 2021:
https://forum.dlang.org/thread/rspvigghtqnerlbszctx@forum.dlang.org?page=1

It seemed at the time that a dub package was the way to go