Generating .di header files from ImportC files

Adam Wilson flyboynw at gmail.com
Fri Oct 27 19:51:17 UTC 2023

On Friday, 27 October 2023 at 15:25:31 UTC, singingbush wrote:

> Wait, _etc.c.odbc_ is no longer being removed? That's good to
> know. I was not aware of it. Was there an announcement
> somewhere?
>
> The last I heard about this was in a thread I started in May
> 2021:
> https://forum.dlang.org/thread/rspvigghtqnerlbszctx@forum.dlang.org?page=1
>
> It seemed at the time that a dub package was the way to go

Correct. I was able to rescue it at DConf and patched it up to
work on non-Windows systems.

No major announcement, just an entry in in the changelog:
https://dlang.org/changelog/pending.html#PR8804

I didn't think it worthy of a forum announcement or anything,
although that may be blindness on my part as I talked to a bunch
of people at DConf about it and most seemed OK with it, so I just
went ahead and did it.

Reading the thread you linked it seems that people raised the
same issues I did. Interesting. It appears that nobody realized
that the MinGW versions, aside from being ancient, were also
version(Windows), which is just hysterically wrong. They should
never have been in DRT to begin with.