Future of D

Guillaume Piolat first.name at gmail.com
Mon Oct 30 14:19:58 UTC 2023

On Sunday, 29 October 2023 at 12:54:33 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
> Can we count on that if we find an issue with D that it will be
> taken care of? And if so, how, and by whom? That it will not be
> silently ignored for years? How can we safeguard against that?

By trying to be a net-positive contributor to the D ecosystem and
especially core team: libraries, but also mentoring, money, etc.
You create the incentives to help your company.
D is a communal effort, without supporting the community and
"giving back" D wouldn't exist. It's really quite hard to do well.