Future of D

Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole richard at cattermole.co.nz
Tue Oct 31 18:04:58 UTC 2023

I think that you may have misunderstood the problem here.

Atila took over a production code base. He appears to not have done any
risk analysis to understand how it could fail as a whole nor was there
anything to tell him what was a risk.

When alerted to a problem agreed, when it was time to pull a PR, didn't
engage in it to ensure a serious risk that could prevent a release of
dmd was resolved.

The community (me & Dmitry), staff (Razvan) did our jobs to ensure it
was resolved even with it being held up due to leadership
"unwillingness" to ensure it was resolved.

There is something to learn from in all of this to ensure that we are
not put in this situation again. Which is why I bring it up, to ensure
that we don't have a repeat :)