On the panel discussion at Dconf day 3

A.Guy aguy at mailinator.com
Mon Sep 4 08:40:13 UTC 2023

During the last day's panel discussion at the Dconf, the presence
of the Ucora marketing representative was truly in poor taste.
Not to mention the fact that he was given so much speaking time
amid various technical questions. Upon reviewing the video on
YouTube, it feels like we're watching interspersed advertisements.

If IVY were indeed something serious, perhaps it wouldn't need
all this publicity, and instead of having the Ucora
representative speak, we could have received substantial details
from Walter or Atila (not just the "it made me realize I should
listen to the contributors and not mind my own business..."
comment). It seems like there's a lot of fluff and excessive
promotion of their IVY program, all of this happening in the
midst of the only Dlang event that has some level of presence and
media attention. As a spectator, I simply felt embarrassed.