importC to bindings via -Hf=your.di intermediate ?

Adam Wilson flyboynw at gmail.com
Sun Sep 10 01:45:58 UTC 2023

On Wednesday, 6 September 2023 at 01:14:47 UTC, Bruce Carneal
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 6 September 2023 at 00:55:57 UTC, Bruce Carneal
> wrote:
>> On Wednesday, 6 September 2023 at 00:53:40 UTC, Bruce Carneal
>> wrote:
>>> I will note that I've had some luck using importC directly,
>>> with a little fiddling, but it looks like it could also be a
>>> supported/robust 99%+ binding generator going forward with
>>> some work.
>>

> Here "some work" may actually be a Herculean challenge but I
> think not since the errors all seem to be of the form: "the
> information is in the compiler but was not processed properly
> for -Hf".
>
> In any event, commentary from those in the know would be most
> appreciated.

I am using this process to update the ODBC bindings in
etc.c.odbc, however, I currently have two active bugs against
ImportC because when I try to generate a DI binding from an H
file that has an tagged enum in it I get a segfault. But if you
comment out the offending bits it actually works pretty much as
you'd expect.