Frameworks and libraries

jmh530 john.michael.hall at gmail.com
Wed Sep 13 19:18:04 UTC 2023

On Wednesday, 13 September 2023 at 16:31:55 UTC, Maximilian
Naderer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I think D is a great language and a general theme is that
> everybody is complaining about the lack of libraries,
> frameworks and/or bindings to popular C/C++ libraries.
>
> I checked the GitHub repo and so some todos, I would like to
> contribute to the language.
>
> What popular frameworks / libraries would you like to see
> bindings for so that those could be used in D?
>
> Best regards,
> Max

Two things that might be useful:
1) Find existing D bindings that are more frequently used but
don't have a wrapper and make a wrapper
2) Go through existing D bindings and see if the project could
instead be built with importC. Report any importC bugs that come
up (honestly it probably makes sense to have an importC page on
the dlang website that summarizes the result of whether it works
with importC or not).