I love D

evilrat evilrat666 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 09:33:24 UTC 2023

On Sunday, 24 September 2023 at 09:16:27 UTC, evilrat wrote:
> On Sunday, 24 September 2023 at 07:27:39 UTC, Imperatorn wrote:
>>
>> I wonder why D isn't more popular.
>>
>> Also we have arsd, so it's an automatic win.
>
> I think major points is:

Oh and also probably the most important

4) Publicity and visibility (aka PR and advertisement): D is
basically invisible, I rarely see any mentions of it in
discussions, there is no advertisement, nobody talks about it.
Don't get me wrong, we all hate ads and especially aggressive
marketing, but without any publicity the thing is basically
doesn't exists.

Let's look at this situation - some big company that we all know
about (for example that one softdrinks company with red logo),
when they start a new flavor they put tons of money in
advertisement, you will see it everywhere and it stays for
months, literally it speaks from every toaster.
No matter how skeptical and defensive you are you will end up
buying that thing at least once, because you know, everyone talks
about it, your mom talks about it, your coworkers talk about it,
kids going to school talks about it, it can't be that bad right?
So after quite some time you give up and do try it yourself to
make a final decision if this is a BS or at least half-decent
product. That's it.
I can't not to cite it but here we have a saying like that
"Millions of flies can't be wrong", if everyone talks about it
(rust for example, no offense meant) it must be at least somewhat
good, right?