Frameworks and libraries

Antonio antoniocabreraperez at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 07:46:35 UTC 2023

On Wednesday, 13 September 2023 at 16:31:55 UTC, Maximilian
Naderer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I think D is a great language and a general theme is that
> everybody is complaining about the lack of libraries,
> frameworks and/or bindings to popular C/C++ libraries.
>
> I checked the GitHub repo and so some todos, I would like to
> contribute to the language.
>
> What popular frameworks / libraries would you like to see
> bindings for so that those could be used in D?
>
> Best regards,
> Max

## The **OPC UA** standard
to connect with industrial objects (or to allow communications
with it)

This is de C implementation you can try to bind.

https://github.com/open62541/open62541

There is some other open source native implementations (not based
on bindings) in different languages

RUST:

https://github.com/locka99/opcua

The design doc is really interesting:
https://github.com/locka99/opcua/blob/master/docs/design.md

NODE:

https://github.com/node-opcua

This is a complete implementation in Typescript (my favourite).

This has its own "open collective":
https://opencollective.com/node-opcua#category-BUDGET

GO:

https://github.com/gopcua/opcua

## OpenCV

This is the actual unmaintained binding for D

https://code.dlang.org/packages/opencvd

My opinion:

* It should be perfect not only the binding library,  but the
"easy" installation (like the python version for desktop or
headless for server side),  **Just "dub" it !**