Frameworks and libraries

Antonio antoniocabreraperez at gmail.com
Thu Sep 28 08:36:52 UTC 2023

On Thursday, 28 September 2023 at 07:56:23 UTC, Antonio wrote:
> On Thursday, 14 September 2023 at 16:30:27 UTC, user548215
> wrote:
>> On Thursday, 14 September 2023 at 16:28:24 UTC, Adam D Ruppe
>> wrote:
>>
>>> This is a mistaken decision.
>>
>> Can you explain why?
>
> My opinion: Don't waste your time.  Assume D is a GC language
> (Trying to kill GC is a real pain in the ass that has stopped
> the D ecosystem grow).   I'm seen real good libraries
> implemented in Node or Java for industrial environments and
> developers don't waste time arguing about the sex of angels.
> "This is the language... this is the library for the language".
>
> But it's my opinion (based on my day-by-day with C#, Scala,
> Java, Kotlin, Typescript/Node, Python, ...).

I apologize for the tone used in this comment.

This is the reason that prompted me to write it:

In my company we have abandoned the use of D as an scripting
language in favor of python (especially due to the ease of use of
opencv and other libraries that are at your disposal with a
simple pip install) and reading the posts in the forum I'm
starting to feel that someone has forgotten how necessary it is
for D to be useful on a daily basis  so that it can be taken into
account in the big things.