Real D

Alexandru Ermicioi alexandru.ermicioi at gmail.com
Sun Apr 14 01:09:42 UTC 2024

On Saturday, 13 April 2024 at 18:44:27 UTC, matheus wrote:
> On Saturday, 13 April 2024 at 18:34:43 UTC, Alexandru Ermicioi
> wrote:
> I don't think that is how you measure things. Otherwise the
> lack of popularity of D in the mainstream would be because is
> the worse language than C++ or Java? (According to your
> comment).

The point is that being mainstream doesn't mean it is a good
language. Each language has it's own history, features, and C in
this case, was just one of the first widely used languages,
eventually entering deeply into most of low level software, or
perfomance oriented one, but it doesn't mean that it is the best
language and that you should position D as successor of C only.

> Where I live C# and Java are the most common languages to work
> in software industry.

Btw, I'm using Java at work mainly.