Real D

Doigt labog at outlook.com
Mon Apr 15 21:40:14 UTC 2024

On Monday, 15 April 2024 at 16:40:20 UTC, Martyn wrote:
> What? I did not use try-catch! Oh, so I cannot use Ranges.
> What? std.stdio.File.write causes an error? This worked before
> i added -betterC. Oh.. stdio, or parts of it, must be using the
> GC.
> What? BetterC is just better C. Guess I cannot improve my C++
> that has classes?
>
> The learning would continue but there is a chance, if the site
> did not lose my interest earlier... you have now.
>

> Maybe the DLang Tour needs a little more TLC. Start off with
> their purpose of using D. Maybe BetterC should be there from
> the get go! branch off in 2 directions. You want to try do in
> all its glory.. go here. Want to turn off the Garbage
> Collector.. go betterC! etetera!!

I have criticized the state of D's horrible documentation for as
long as I've been here. The documentation is lacking, it's never
really explicit and it uses pure D jargon that is not easily
understandable from an outside perspective. At this point, I
learn more by just asking on discord than "reading the fucking
manual".